Sept. 9th - Adult Game Night 5 pm – 7 pm, Bring finger foods, Dominoes – Other Games
Sept. 17th - Singalong and Ice Cream Social 5:30 PM
September Bible Study
Join Pastor Don for Bible Study on Tuesday mornings at 10 am and Wednesday evenings at 5:30.
1 Samuel Bible Study
Tuesday, September 5 - 1 Samuel 2:11-4:1 Corruption, Fall, and Call
Wednesday, September 6 - 1 Samuel 2:11-4:1a Corruption, Fall, and Call
Tuesday, September 12 - 1 Samuel 4-5, The Ark Departs
Wednesday, September 13 - 1 Samuel 4:1b - 5:12, The Ark Departs
Tuesday, September 19 - 1 Samuel 6-7, The Ark Returns, Samuel Sacrifices
Wednesday, September 20 - 1 Samuel 6:1 - 7:2, The Ark Returns
Tuesday, September 26 - No Bible Study (Pastor Don at Preaching Group)
Wednesday, September 27 - 1 Samuel 7:3 -7:17 Samuel Speaks, Israel Listens to the Lord
SINGALONG AND ICE CREAM SOCIAL
On Sunday, September 17, at 5:30 pm, we will have a Singalong and Ice Cream Social. We will provide a sign-up sheet for ice cream and toppings, etc. at the back of the sanctuary. Come and join us as we sing some old hymn favorites and enjoy fellowship and ice cream.
September Potluck will be September 24th. We will have a Mexican themed potluck. A sign-up sheet will be available at the back of the church later in the month.
Results of our Senior Activities Survey are in and the majority said the following: Monthly - Thursday - Early Afternoon
So, our first gathering will be Thursday, September 29th at 1:30 pm. We will discuss at that time what particular week we want to meet each month and decide on a name for our group, so be thinking of a unique name for us. I picked the last Thursday this month because I will be tied up with concert rehearsals for Joshua High School until the 25th. We will play Bingo and any other game you want this month. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask Lynn.
Choir rehearsals have started and we still have some empty chairs. If you haven’t committed to joining us, now is the time. We will be working on Christmas Cantata music immediately. If you would like to just sing in the choir for Christmas, that’s fine. Come rehearse with us. We meet on Wednesdays at 7:00 pm.
JoLynn will be putting together some Kairos bags with info for cookies, prayer chain and meal tickets. She will have these toward the end of Sept. and will give a short presentation on the 24th about it and make herself available to answer questions after church that day.
November 4. 10am-3pm
Cake decorating contest
BBQ contest - Lunch will be the bbq
We are accepting non perishable items for the country store and auction items. If there are any questions, contact Andy or Pastor Don
We are a discussion class that meets at 8:30 every Sunday morning in the fellowship hall. We just finished a study on Heaven and we are currently discussing 23 Questions of Hell by Bill Wiese. Please join us as we fellowship and study the word of God.
August Cahill Angels Meeting
August 17th 6pm
Attendees: Terri, JoLynn, Carolyn and Debbie
Terri opened with a devotional reading and prayer.
1. JCCC requested shoes, socks, underwear, and pajamas for 3 children. Agreed that Debbie would pick up items that could be purchased from Sam's, and Carolyn would get remaining items and deliver. As of 8/28 the items have been delivered.
2. Rainbow Room requested school supplies. Agreed to pick up what we can from Sam's and Dollar store. Carolyn would deliver. As of 8/28 the items have been delivered.
3. We will investigate getting cards printed to give out along with donations. We are to bring back ideas next meeting for what we want printed on them.
4. Collection received and deposited $20.
5. Meeting moved to 5:30 beginning Sept.
6. Discussion regarding how to get more Ladies interested in joining the group. Decided to share a Thank you note from JCCC to share the response we have received for our efforts.
6. Next Meeting Thursday Sept 21st.
Jack, Jim, John, Mary and Bobby, Berniece, Lyle and Mary
Seth Sep 8
Natalie Sep 10
Diane Sep 13
Billy Sep 17
Brynlee Sep 20
Karen Sep 21
Andy Sep 22
Addie Sep 22
Jacob Sep 22
Rachel Sep 30
Julie & Don Sep 1
Sandi & Larry Sep 14
Howard & Pat Sep 29